This week i’m starting a new series. It’s going to be all about decluttering/minimizing/organizing/cleaning all the trouble areas in my house.
Today i’m tackling the pantry, because let’s be honest, the pantry is my most trouble area.
I don’t know about you guys, but my pantry pretty much looks like a disaster area 24/7. I try to keep it somewhat organized, but i have 4 kids that grab whatever they want out of it and hardly ever return said item(s) to their original space.
Today i’m sharing how crazy my pantry really is with you guys, and how i attempt to keep it organized.
Here is how i organize my pantry:
- Baking Stuff together – Flour, sugar, baking powder, etc.
- Spices/oils/syrups/PB together – extra salt, extra seasonings, soy sauce, evoo, bread crumbs, etc.
- Rice & Beans – I keep them in a corner together
- Canned goods together – I also keep pasta with the canned goods
- Snacks/Breads/Cereal together – Tortillas, chips, crackers, snacks, bagels, bread, etc.
- Plastic/Paper goods – Paper plates, ziploc bags, plastic forks and spoons, etc.
- Potatoes & Onions together – I also keep big containers of Vegetable oil here as well.
- Small kitchen appliances together – crock pots, griddle, etc.
The top area of my pantry is for overflow items or things we want to keep out of reach of children. We also store things up there that we don’t use that often.
I’m just going to share a bunch of Before & After pictures…
That’s it! That’s my pantry organizing. Whew, it feels so much better to have a organized pantry!
Behind the scenes stuff….
I threw away a lot of stuff that was empty and or expired.
And because we are moving, i was also able to box up some stuff that we won’t be using for awhile and that helped make my pantry look less cluttered.
I hope you enjoyed today’s spring clean post! Be sure to check back tomorrow for another room i’m going to tackle.
*Stock photo provided by Unsplash*