I can tell you about a handful of Christmas traditions my family had growing up, however I can’t think of one Thanksgiving tradition we had other than eat the normal Thanksgiving traditional foods.
Immediately, once i started my own family, I knew I wanted to have some Thanksgiving traditions for my family. Although, we haven’t come up with much, I thought i would share our family’s Thanksgiving traditions.
- We make pies the night before Thanksgiving; Pumpkin, Lemon meringue, and Chocolate pies.
- On Thanksgiving, we eat a light breakfast, and snack throughout the day until the main feast which we serve around 4:00 in the afternoon.
- We play games, either board games/card games or video games, together as a family.
- We get outside, we usually take a walk to burn off all the food we have eaten.
- The day after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas tree.
That’s it, those are our family’s Thanksgiving traditions. What are your family’s traditions?
*Stock photo provided by Unsplash.*