A few years ago i shared some winter themed learning, when i looked back at that post recently, i was reminded of all the fun we had. That’s when i decided to do another fun filled week, in our homeschool, focusing on winter themed learning. Today i’m going to share everything we did for our winter themed learning week.
I’m going to break things up into 3 categories; activities, snacks, and books.
- Build a snowflake (using mini marshmallows & toothpicks) – This was a fun & easy activity for all my children.
2. Winter Bingo – I used this printable from The Resourceful Mama and M&M’s.
3. Winter I Spy – I used this free printable from Paper Trail Design.
4. Sensory Bins – I created 3 different sensory bins. One with rice, one with water beads, and one with pom-poms & craft gems.
- Snowballs – Donut holes.
2. Snow Covered Pretzels – White chocolate covered pretzels.
3. Polar Bear Graham Crackers – I got the idea/recipe from The Simple Parent.
4. ‘Frozen’ Themed Hot Chocolate – You only need 4 ingredients to make this blue colored hot chocolate. Find the recipe HERE.
5. ‘Frozen’ Themed Muddy Buddies – This was one of the kids favorite snacks we had! Find the recipe HERE.
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening – Robert Frost
- The Magic Of Friendship Snow – Andi Cann
- Sleep Tight Farm: A Farm Prepares For Winter – Eugenie Doyle
- Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter – Kenard Pak
- The Biggest Snowman Ever – Steven Kroll
- Sneezy The Snowman – Maureen Wright
- There Was A Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow – Lucille Colandro
- Snowmen At Night – Caralyn Buehner
I hope you enjoyed our week of Winter Themed Learning.
*Stock photo provided by Unsplash. This post may contain affiliate links.*