You know one of the things i love most about autumn is cold/rainy days cuddled up in a warm blanket watching good movies. Today i thought i would share my top 5 favorite christian movies that you could enjoy on your next cold/rainy day, or on any day for that matter.
Here are my top 5 favorite christian movies…
*A little heads up, although these are all christian movies, some of them deal with adult issues so they might not be appropriate to watch with little children around.*
- Fireproof – “Kirk Cameron (Left Behind) stars as Caleb Holt, a heroic fire captain who values dedication and service to others above all else. But the most important partnership in his life, his marriage, is about to go up in smoke. This gripping story follows one man’s desire to transform his life and marriage through the healing power of faith and fully embrace the fireman’s code: Never Leave Your Partner Behind.”
- Courageous – “Four men, one calling: To serve and protect. As law enforcement officers, they are confident and focused, standing up to the worst the streets can offer. Yet at the end of the day, they face a challenge they’re ill prepared to tackle: fatherhood. When tragedy strikes home, these men are left wrestling with their hopes, their fears, their faith, and their fathering.”
- War Room – “Tony and Elizabeth Jordan have it all—great jobs, a beautiful daughter, and their dream house. But appearances can be deceiving. Their world is actually crumbling under the strain of a failing marriage.”
- God’s Not Dead – “When an atheist Philosophy professor (Kevin Sorbo) plans to forego “dusty arguments” in his class, he insists the new students declare that “God is dead.” Unable to do this, Josh (Shane Harper) is challenged to defend his faith and prove to the class that God’s Not Dead. Against all odds, Josh stands up for his faith and takes on the challenge.”
- Heaven Is For Real – “Heaven is for Real recounts the true story of a small-town father who must find the courage and conviction to share his son’s extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world.”
What’s your favorite christian movie?
*This post may contain affiliate links.*